THE HEART GOD REVIVES
(Taken from Herald of His Coming, March 1996)
"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart O God, Thou wilt not despise."
~Psalm 51:17
(The list of these is very long, so i hope to put just a few on every now and then.
I was blessed and convicted as I read through this list. I wanted to share it.)
***************************************************************************************************************
PROUD people focus on the failures of others
- BROKEN people are over-whelmed with a sense of their own spiritual need
PROUD people are self-righteous; have a critical, fault-finding spirit; look at everone else's faults with a microscope, but their own with a telescope; look down on others
- BROKEN people are compassionate; can forgive much because they know how much they have been forgiven; esteem all others better than themselves
PROUD people have an independent, self-sufficient spirit.
-BROKEN people have a dependent spirit; recognize their need for others
PROUD people are self-protective of their time, their rights and their reputation
-BROKEN people are self-denying
PROUD people focus on the failures of other
- BROKEN people are motivated to serve others
No comments:
Post a Comment