Thursday, November 01, 2007

YUMMY CINNAMON ROLLS

I just typed this up for a friend, and thought I'd share it here, too. These are our favorites!

DOUGH
1 cup milk (80-90 degrees)
1/4 cup water (80-90 degrees)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
4 cups bread flour (sometimes I'll do 1 cup whole wheat, 3 cups white)
1/4 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast

FILLING
2 Tbsp. butter (usually I just spread soft butter over the rolled-out dough)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

FROSTING
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 1/2 tsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1) In bread machine, place dough ingredients in order. Select "dough" setting on bread maching.
2) When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Let dough rest 10 min. Mix sugars, and cinnamon together. Roll dough into rectangle (20"X10"). Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly roll style, starting with the long side. Pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1" thick slices. Place 12 slices, cut side down into a greased 9X13 pan and remaining 9 slices in greased 7X11 (or 8" square) pan. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
3) Bake in 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before frosting.
4) In a mixing bowl, beat frosting ingredients until well mixed. Frost warm rolls. Store in refrigerator.

No comments: