GOD'S BLESSING OF RAINBOWS!
Throughout our married life together, God has given us rainbows to guide us along life's journeys. These aren't just any rainbows, but ones that have stood out to us as obvious gifts from God -- some of them on a clear blue day! We were given a rainbow when we started dating, when we moved to Montana, when we bought our first house, and now after purchasing this home. Obviously there have been many in between that we have enjoyed, but for some reason, these particular rainbows hold significance in my heart. They seem to come along as confirmation on decisions that we have made where we step out and fully trust God for the details. They have been a comfort through some tough decisions, as they always seem to come at just the perfect moment. I have to come to expect them at every major turn in our life. When we first moved into this house, I was thinking one day on our way home from a fishing trip about how we hadn't yet seen a rainbow for this move, even though we know God's hand has been in this move all along. I remembered back to a dream I had when we first moved to Montana, however, knowing that the dream was definitely from God. In the dream, we had bought a house that needed a LOT of work. It was surrounded by fields, and had mountains in the distance. We had neighbors, but not too close. Our children slept upstairs, and we were down. That's about all I can remember of it, but I knew at the time it was significant and that it meant something. I even wrote some of the details down in a journal -- that was almost 5 years ago. I know this house fulfills that dream that God gave me. As a result, I thought, okay Lord, I don't need a rainbow. I have a dream this time round.
As we pulled into the driveway coming home from that fishing trip, shining bright over our property, was a beautiful rainbow! God is good, and he is ALWAYS faithful!
2 comments:
What a beautiful picture! I love how the Lord gives you rainbows and dreams as confirmations!! He is an amazing God and uses whatever means He wants to communicate His love for us. So many people live life without looking for those rainbows. What a blessing that you are able to acknowledge his gifts to you!
God's rainbow-promise to Noah to not destroy the earth with a flood again is at the same time a promise of life and prospering. Some see rainbows as a unique light-defracting phenomenon, but you and I know that they are purposefully put there by God as a sign to us. I pray that you will continue to see more signs of God's care in your life, either in rainbows or other ways.
Post a Comment